Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Brainchildren of James Cameron or: One Big Happy Family

The unnaturally photogenic James Cameron, being the charmer he is, has convinced me (with only pictures taken over a decade ago!) to revisit all of his narrative feature films.



So, I think I'm going to watch and review all of James Cameron's films in celebration of the deafening marketing holocaust accompanying the arrival of Avatar, like a particularly unenthused meteor falling lazily into my front yard.

Let it be known that this is a particularly big undertaking for me. I will be addressing a film that I hold very near and dear to my heart at the same time as addressing a group of films that are highly regarded as some of the most important, most popular and best films of the last 25 years.

Over the course of the next month I will be reviewing all of his narrative feature films, including:

- Piranha II: The Spawning
- The Terminator
- Aliens
- The Abyss
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- True Lies
- Titanic
- Avatar

I'd like to thank Devin D. for the suggestion and state my unfettered excitement to watch some blockbuster action films not covered in Michael Bay.

2 comments:

Devin D said...

I have been this excited since I purchased and dove into The Complete Works of Oscar Wilde.

Devin D said...

Excuse me, "haven't."